Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kayangan Lake - Coron, Palawan

When you do a web search for Coron, you will almost always be directed to an image of this lake - the Kayangan Lake. Said to be the cleanest lake in the Philippines, seeing photos of this will surely entice tourists from all over. No wonder I was really looking forward to this stop - finally, at long last!

Getting there is no easy task though. We had to go through another climb of about 150 steps, and my legs haven’t recovered from my Mt. Tapyas climb yet. Mikee was just as tired coz he broke a bamboo railing on our way up, uh-oh, now everyone knows who’s the culprit. At the top is the Bat Cave from where you could see the picturesque scene of every Kayangan Lake photo you’ll see on the net. If this scene were a food, I would have devoured it and have a second helping, even third. But this isn’t Kayangan Lake yet, we are just half way there. From there on, it would be downhill to the lake. And the lake - splendid! The water looks green because the bottom is way below, yes this is deep, fresh water. We are still surrounded by cliffs, near the shallow rocks are shrimps and (sword)fishes that swim around your feet. If I described the Twin Lagoon as eerie, my word for this one is serene. I just find the ambiance so relaxing, perhaps attributed by the calm green waters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment