Monday, January 24, 2011

Twin Lagoon, Coron, Palawan

One of the many famous tourist spots in Coron, Palawan, no wonder at all because of the eye-bulging scenery. During the boat ride to this site, I tell you, every turn the boat makes, a new breathtaking scenery is revealed that you cannot help but anticipate a grander show of nature on the next turn.

Twin Lagoon (trying out a raft in its clear waters)

We arrived there at noon, just in time for lunch. The awesome sight beats any 5-star resto, those broiled fish tasted like caviar to me! How I envy the locals there to have the privilege of enjoying this beauty every single day.

Twin Lagoon, Coron, Palawan (inside the second lagoon)


The place gives a feeling of being isolated from the rest of the world coz the open sea is not visible and you are surrounded by large cliffs of limestone.  The second lagoon can be reached by swimming under a rock formation which is difficult to pass through during high tides so a ledge was built so tourists can use the wooden stairs and reach the other side through a space between the cliffs.  Since the tide was low, we swam under and was in for another show from mother nature. The grand finale of the show, it was another world. Eerie – that’s how I’d describe the other side.  If I felt isolated in the first lagoon, here I felt like the world has ended and we were the only people who survived. Okay, that's morbid, hehehe. We were still surrounded by large cliffs, there’s not a landing we could stand on, the water is a mixture of fresh and salty water, and it was so quiet.  Simply eerie.  Didn’t stay long there coz I felt like a thousand pair of eyes were staring at me, to whom they belong I didn’t want to know, hahaha.

Twin Lagoon (the rocky cliffs surrounding the place)

Twin Lagoon (behind me is the passage between the two lagoons)

No comments:

Post a Comment